The Scholarship is available to an entering freshman who is a:
- member, or
- is a spouse, child or stepchild of a member, or
- child whose guardian is a member of the Cooperative; or
- person living in a home where the landlord is a member.
Applicants must reside in the Cooperative service area; participate in Operation Round Up; and attend a qualifying school. If you are not currently participating in Operation Round Up, we’ll automatically enroll you when you submit the scholarship application.
The qualifying schools are: Abernathy, Anton, Aspermont, Childress, Chillicothe, Coronado, Cotton Center, Crosbyton, Crowell, Estacado, Floydada, Frenship, Guthrie, Hale Center, Idalou, Jayton-Girard, Lorenzo, Lubbock-Cooper, Lubbock, Monterey, Motley Co., New Deal, New Home, Olton, Paducah, Patton Springs, Petersburg, Plainview, Post, Quanah, Ralls, Roosevelt, Ropesville, Rotan, Shallowater, Slaton, Southland, Smyer, Spur and Wilson. If you are attending a private school, charter school or are home-schooled, your application will be subject to eligibility verification.
A minimum of 20 scholarships are available, each for $1,000, payable $500 for each of two semesters through the freshman year. Satisfactory scholastic performance and appropriate personal standards must be maintained for continuing eligibility. Students must possess the qualities of honor, integrity, thrift and good moral character. The Selection Committee evaluates each student on financial need (35 points), community and school activities (25 points), awards and honors (15 points), academics (10 points) and educational goals (15 points). The information provided in the essay questions is very valuable to the Selection Committee.
- You must attach your high school transcript that includes the first semester of your senior year (social security number must be marked out) and one letter of recommendation.
- Seniors must be attending a qualifying school.
- Applications must be completed online.
- If you have any questions, contact Whitney Bryant at South Plains Electric Cooperative at (806) 775-7829 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any technical difficulties, contact support at email@example.com.
- Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.